Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post 5

Langwitches Blog

After reading this blog, and listening to the podcast on it, I was rather impressed. The students were very well spoken, they ejected their voices very well, and the story was cute and well put together.

In my own podcast (which will also be audio), I have to remember that the listeners cannot see my face, so any emphasis would have to be through the inflection in my voice, to be sure to engage listeners.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

This video brought up some pretty good reasons why podcasting in the classroom is so useful. It can be especially useful for children who are out sick who don't want to miss anything in class (in fact, I liked this reason the most. It was something I really could have used when I was in secondary school). Other reasons podcasting in the classroom is important is that it allows creativity among the students. Not only that, but it allows for communication among students and among parents.

Hopefully my podcast will allow for more communication among my peers.

Eagles’ Nest Radio & Class Blog

I enjoyed listening to these student's podcasts. They were very informative, and the set up was like that of a radio show. I thought that was very clever.

In my own podcast, I would have to remember to give as much information as possible, for my listeners may know little to nothing about my topic.

1 comment:

  1. Khaela,

    Podcasting is extremely beneficial in the classroom. I honestly think it is one of the most tools available for both teachers and students. Like you said, if students have missed class, they can simply listen to the lecture that took place. I also think that students could use podcasts to review for an exam. I think by making students actually make podcast, they are learning more about a topic and the use of technology.

    I think it is also important to speak clearly and effectively. This could definitely help students with communication. Many students do not like giving oral presentation in front of a class, so instead, they could do a podcast about their project. I personally think podcasts for school should be professional, but of course, there are times to allow students to have fun and be creative. I simply believe that no matter the case, podcasts can definitely help students in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete